Saturday, May 5, 2007

Transformers Energon Superlink Prowl + Ironhide Picture Gallery











*Pictures courtesy of Lee Kum Seng/Unicorn.

"Hey Wilson,

Got some time slot to write you this review now. Btw... sorry really have to dicipline myself else I will be drop broke with my financials.

Well where should I start to describe on these Energon figures. Being part of the greatest series line from The Transformer (besides Cybertron and Beast Machines), Energon is not far behind the rest. They are fun to play and pose-able figures ever made.

I would say that Prowl and Ironhide in Energon series look very matching with each other especially on the scale/size of both figures although officially Ironhide should powerlink with Jetfire and Prowl with Rodimus Prime.

I wouldn't doubt that Ironhide looks much more better when powerlink with Jetfire but as for Prowl with Rodimus... well... I would say they aren't the match made in heaven. Prowl is difficult in finding its compatible partner I would say, and pretty selective else you will get them looking very weird.

Ironhide looks great in both modes with itself being simple to transform and well articulated. It goes to Prowl too, but Prowl is a bit more flimsy to pose and in robot mode doesn't that attract me. On the other hand, I really like Prowl in vehicle mode with high detail of its rear disc breaks and futuristic F1-race car design. The tires also realistic with high quality rubber comparing the rest of Energon figures such like Rodimus or even Ironhide which uses plastic for the wheels.

When both powerlink-ed, they look great when Prowl as the upper body and Ironhide as the lower body part. However it doesn't goes the same when in reverse order. Ironhide is more suited to be the lower body portion with any powerlink figure even with Jetfire or Clifjumper. Prowl is a bit selective in finding its compatible match if he wanted to be lower body portion as mentioned earlier too.

Overall, I would say both look great when powerlink together. If you are a bit creative, you may try to do some mis-transformation different from the actual instruction guide given. Try which part to shape according to the powerlink pairing partner that you intend until you find them looking great.

For example I’ve modify the transformation of Prowl back shoulder portion to allow it to hold a shoulder weapon and hidden Ironhide arms at the back of the waist.

Try them out with others and you can absolutely be fun. Next i will see what how Prowl powerlink with Clifjumper. I think you have all of these too, you can tell me then which is your preference."


-Lee Kum Seng/Unicorn

No comments: